Qatar denies intercepting UAE civilian aircraft
QNA / Agencies – Qatar has denied accusations of intercepting two United Arab Emirates’ passenger flights.
Qatar’s Civil Aviation Authority (QCAA) said the Emirati statement was an attempt to cover up the UAE’s multiple breaches of Qatari airspace.
The QCAA also confirmed Qatar’s commitment to the highest international aviation quality and safety standards.
The UAE’s General Civil Aviation Authority said on Monday that two Qatari fighter jets had “approached” two UAE-registered commercial aircrafts while flying over Bahraini airspace.
QCAA pointed out that Bahrain Civil Aviation Authority has continued to ignore the notifications by Qatar regarding the aircraft that are not subject to the Chicago Convention, which are constantly breaching the Qatari airspace.
Qatar had earlier in January filed a complaint with the United Nations, reporting a second violation of its airspace by a United Arab Emirates (UAE) jet in recent time.
The move follows Sheikha Alia Ahmed bin Saif Al Thani, Qatar’s UN representative sending of a letter earlier to Antonio Guterres, United Nation secretary-general, in relation to a prior violation of Qatar’s airspace by the UAE on December 21 of last year.