Jose Mourinho has given the green light for Manchester United to make a £95 million bid for Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, according to reports.
The 22-year-old has been extensively scouted by United but is also attracting interest from Manchester City and Liverpool.
According to the Sunday Express, Mourinho has made the decision to push ahead with a move for the Serbia international next summer.
And United are ready to break their own transfer record with a £95 million bid.
Milinkovic-Savic has been tipped as a potential replacement for Marouane Fellaini, who could leave Old Trafford on a free transfer next summer if he fails to sign a new contract with United.
Earlier this week, Milinkovic-Savic’s agent Mateja Kezman insisted that the midfielder would not be sold by Lazio.
‘The only person who can act on behalf of Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is myself,’ former Chelsea striker told TMW.
‘Therefore, what I’ve read is wrong in more than one way and puts unfair pressure on Lazio as it could disrupt the perfect balance in their dressing room, in what has been a magnificent season for both him and the club.
‘Has an offer from United actually arrived? Like I’ve said a million times already, Milinkovic-Savic is currently not for sale at any price.’
More: Manchester United FC
The post Jose Mourinho wants Manchester United to submit £95m bid for Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic appeared first on News Wire Now.