World

Family sue rotating restaurant after boy, 5, is crushed to death

Family sue rotating restaurant after boy, 5, is crushed to death
Charlie Holt, five, was crushed to death while visiting the popular Sun Dial restaurant in Atlanta (Picture: Holt Family handout)

The family of a boy, five, who was crushed to death at a popular rotating restaurant are suing the owners.

Rebecca and Michael Holt have accused Marriott International, and other parties, of negligence in their son Charlie’s death on April 14.

Woman duped into buying 11 potatoes she thought was iPhone in 'Black Friday sale'

The toddler’s head got stuck between tables after he wandered away from a table his family was sitting at inside the Sun Dial restaurant, in Atlanta, according to police.

They added the rotating floor shut down immediate when Charlie was hit but the lawsuit filed by the family’s lawyer Joseph Fried disagrees.

It claims the family had been blocked off by a rotating booth while they were walking along a path to the bathroom.

MORE: Severe weather coming overnight including eight inches of snow

Family sue rotating restaurant after boy, 5, is crushed to death
Charlie suffered a head injury and was pronounced dead (Picture: Getty Images)

The lawsuit added Charlie had walked ahead and got stuck between the booth and wall because he ‘was too short to see past the booth and did not appreciate the danger until it was too late’.

‘To Michael’s and Rebecca’s horror, the rotation did not automatically stop when Charlie got trapped,’ it said.

The parents frantically tried to free Charlie but were unable to with Mr Holt saying he heard his son’s skull crack while the wall was rotating.

MORE: Man could face £2,500 fine for dropping cherry stones ‘in soil’

Family sue rotating restaurant after boy, 5, is crushed to death
The incidnet happened at the The Sun Dial restaurant (Picture: YouTube)

Mr Fried’s statement added: ‘The family has filed this law suit to set the record straight about what happened and to make sure, to the best of their abilities, that no other family ever has to suffer the same fate.’

Marriot is being sued along with the restaurant’s previous owner and architects, interior designer and contractor who renovated it in 2012 and 2013.

Marriot said earlier this year it would not allow the restaurant to revolve again until the dangerous pinch points had been fixed but the family, from Charlotte, North Carolina, thought this decision came too late.

Metro.co.uk has approached Marriot International for a comment.

MORE: Police officers investigated after boy, 15, is seriously injured while being detained

MORE: Woman duped into buying 11 potatoes she thought was iPhone in ‘Black Friday sale’

Let's

Original Article

Leave a Reply