Facebook Polls update has arrived – here’s how it works
Facebook is launching a new polling tool on their app so users across the world can finally use the app to get their friend’s opinions.
Both people using personal and public Facebook pages on the app will be able to use the new Polls tool and it will be available on the mobile and desktop version of Facebook.
Ever wondered what your friends on Facebook would answer in a poll, well now you can see where their opinions lie with the new feature.
You will be able to use GIFs and photos to being your poll to life with this new worldwide update.
The Polls will work much like a status in that you will go through a similar process to create a poll and set it live for your friends.
Facebook owns the photo-sharing app Instagram who recently launched polling across their story platform.
Polls have also been built into Messenger, which is the spin-off app that hosts Facebook’s messenger service.
Whatever question captures your curiosity you will now be able to pose to your friends on Facebook.
The new update will be rolled out to Facebook users on Friday, November 3 and will be available globally.
How to use Facebook Polls
1. Open the Facebook app – even your granny has a profile these days.
2. Go to write a status, if it’s a personal profile click ‘Whats on your mind?’ if it is a public page click ‘Write something’.
3. When you click to begin writing a status you will see a list at the bottom of the screen listing other options to include in your status like adding a photo/video, live video, check in etc.
4. Scroll to the bottom of this list and click ‘Polls’ which you will see near the bottom.
5. Now write your question where it prompts you to do so/
6. Then add in the two possible answers to the question in the two boxes provided, you have 25 characters for each answer, so maybe ‘What is the meaning of life?’ is not a Facebook Poll worthy question.
7. Add in GIFs or pictures for each answer by clicking the symbols beside each answer box.
8. Set the expiry day Poll, 1 day, 1 week, never or whatever you want.
9. Then click post in the top right corner which will set the poll live on your Facebook page.
10. You will be able to see how people are voting as the vote come in, and anyone who casts a vote in your poll can see how other voters voted too.
11. Ponder more of life’s great questions and see if the possible answers can be condensed to 25 characters.